Wednesday, June 20, 2012

When I Grow Up...

        It took me a serious moment of impact and twenty-nine years to realize what it was that I was supposed to do. It took me an additional two and a half years to really embrace it. I don't know why.
      It had been obvious all along.
      When I was in school and an essay assignment was announced, my classmates moaned in protest while I remained unfazed. Writing was easy for me, a gift that came naturally. Don't get me wrong, I'm a blogger, not a bragger. But some how, it went unnoticed by me that while other kids struggled to turn in book reports to make up their grades, I turned them in, one right after the other, for extra credit; although it didn't matter if you already had an A.
      So why did it take me so long to figure what I should be doing? I don't know the answer to that question, and maybe I never will. But, I do know one thing...I was born to write and write I shall.

No comments:

Post a Comment